Investment Appraisal / Capital Budgeting Mastery
Become a PRO at evaluating any investment opportunity by mastering the NPV, IRR, Payback Period, ARR, and PI.
On-demand, byte-sized, easy-to-follow lectures.
65 Quiz Questions
Progressively challenging, with impeccably detailed solutions.
At Your Pace
Lifetime access, including all future updates.
Master The 20% That Drives 80% of Results.
Gain command over the core skills you need to invest in anything – and do it well. Change the way you look at money and investments. Identify the right investment opportunity and avoid making bad investment decisions.
A SOLID FOUNDATION
You’ll gain a solid foundation of the core fundamentals that drive the entire investment appraisal / capital budgeting process.
Every major concept is taught with example question walkthroughs, so you can literally see how we evaluate investments from scratch.
LOADS OF PRACTICE QUESTIONS
Apply what you learn immediately with 65 practice questions, all with impeccably detailed solutions.
PROOFS & RESOURCES
Mathematical proofs, engaging study materials, discount factor tables with built-in how-to guides – all included.
6 Sections to Mastery.
Use our structured learning path, or dive right in to a specific concept you’re struggling with.
Introduction & The Fundamentals
- Get the basics right, first time – so you learn once and retain it forever.
- Explore why certain investments look great, but aren’t so in reality.
- Discover the power of the time value of money and discounting cashflows from scratch.
Net Present Value (NPV)
- See why companies around the world rely on this technique when investing billions.
- Understand the powerful logic and intuition behind one of the most versatile capital budgeting techniques.
- Compute the NPV of projects from scratch, manually as well as on Excel.
Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Understand the powerful relationship between the IRR and cost of capital.
- Learn how to estimate the IRR from scratch, including by interpolation.
- Explore Excel’s RATE and IRR functions and know which one to use when.
Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
- See why simplicity isn’t always useful, and why it can be dangerous.
- Explore the limitations of one of the most popular techniques.
- Make better decisions by distinguishing between profit and cashflows.
Payback & Discounted Payback
- Discover what makes this the easiest capital budgeting techniques out there.
- Learn how to estimate when you’ll make back your initial investment.
- Understand how the time value of money can change your payback period.
Profitability Index (PI)
- How do you choose between 2 great opportunities when your funds are limited?
- Explore why the Profitably Index is probably the most useful capital budgeting technique.
- Forget about mechanical learning – understand the intuition behind the formula.
Make Better Investment Decisions by mastering Capital Budgeting, Starting Today.
Use our structured learning path, designed for distinction.
Focus on what really matters.
Engage with carefully thought out, clutter-free, and engaging study materials that focus on the 20% fundamentals that drive 80% of the results.
Retain your knowledge forever by easily following through complex concepts with great visuals that don’t overdo it.
Explore why investment appraisal / capital budgeting techniques work the way they do, instead of memorising formulas without understanding them.
There really always is a reason for everything.
Feel your confidence rise.
Apply what you learn immediately in example question walkthroughs and progressively challenging quizzes with impeccably detailed solutions.
Engage with over 65 questions ranging from simple true and false ones to more complex problems that take you outside your comfort zone.
Questions are relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group University students as well as professionals studying for the ICAEW CFAB, ACA, ACCA, and CFA qualifications.
All questions designed in-house, by Professional Tutors with Russell Group Distinctions.
See how & why the equations work.
Learn why we divide some variables by something, and multiply other variables by something else. Get past the painful approach of memorising countless equations.
Not only will we rip apart each equation one variable at a time, we’ll also give you mathematical proofs that show the equation’s logic one step at a time.
Save yourself time and effort by understanding why the equation works the way it does. Then go out and create your own equations.
This course is for you if…
- You want to master one of the most important concepts in Finance in an easy-to-understand, structured and engaging manner.
- You want to understand why equations work the way they do instead of just using them like a machine.
- You have a burning desire to get past your fear of numbers and pre-conceived notions about finance being “difficult”.
- You want to feel confident when you take a Finance exam, or when you talk to people about investments, knowing that you walk the walk and don’t just talk the talk.
- You want to know how to evaluate investments using sophisticated capital budgeting techniques, even if you don’t know much about them right now.
This course is not for you if…
- You’re not willing to work on the quiz questions and activities of the course and making sure you check your answers with our detailed solutions.
- You have plenty of time to painfully browse the internet to try and make sense of it all.
- You want quick shortcuts that make you feel like you’re understanding things even when you know you’re really not ‘getting’ it.
- You don’t want to get past your fear of equations or a weak foundation in Finance, and are okay with mediocre results.
- You don’t care about investment appraisal / capital budgeting techniques.
Take the first step – no prior knowledge required.
Stop letting information overload overwhelm and limit your progress.
Here’s what you get lifetime access to…
2.5 Hours of HD Video
- Accessible on any device, any time.
- Not too short, not too long – just, right.
- All pre-requisite concepts included, for free.
65+ Quiz Questions
- Progressively challenging, impeccably detailed.
- Applicable to ICAEW ACA, CFAB, ACCA, CFA, and more.
- Relevant for Ivy League / Russell Group Universities.
Engaging study materials.
- Easy to read, understand, and master.
- Carefully thought out, clutter-free content that drives results.
- Jargon busters to help you cut through the noise.
- Easy-to-read one printable resources to help you refer easily.
- Built-in how-to guides so you can apply them then and there.
- Jargon busters to help you stay on top of the terminology.
- Forget about memorising equations.
- Understand why the math works, from scratch.
- Step-by-step proofs that explain the intuition.
All future updates.
- Lifetime access, not just to what’s here.
- All future updates included, indefinitely.
- Finance evolves – so does this course.
Curriculum, designed for distinction.
Ready to Learn With Distinction?
Become a PRO at Investment Appraisal / Capital Budgeting.
Our Students Win.
Surnames not disclosed to protect their privacy and identities.
Questions? We have answers.
Course delivery and access
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund. No questions asked.
I'm a University / College student - is this course relevant for me?
The course is relevant for most Ivy League / Russell Group Universities. The content features the same cutting-edge and comprehensive syllabus offered at top Universities. You should always check your Module Handbook (aka Course Outline) to confirm.
I'm an investor / analyst / aspiring associate / other professional - is this course relevant for me?
Yes. The course focuses on core Finance concepts that are essential for anyone serious about a career in Finance.
I want to buy stocks and get rich quick - will this course help me do that?
Nor will any course. You might want to take anyone / anything that promises "quick wealth" with a cup full of salt.
Who Teaches This Course?
The course is taught by Vash. He has over 5,800 hours of professional teaching and training experience and has taught students and professionals across the UK and EU. Vash holds an MPhil in Finance and Econometrics, a MSc in Finance and Accounting, and a BSc in Business and Accounting from Russell Group Universities (Warwick & Exeter, UK).
He takes a student-centric approach to designing and delivering course content, and synthesises academic literature with real world applications. His clients include University students at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and MBA levels, as well as professionals ranging from Associates at Big 4 Accounting firms to finance directors at SMEs.